Last Updated: [07/19/22]
Your privacy is very important to us. Precision, Inc. and its affiliates (“PPI” or “we”, “us”, or “our”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This Policy describes how we collect, use, store, process, protect and disclose “Personal Information,” which is generally information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device, as more fully described below, which we obtain from you when you visit the websites that we own or control (today or in the future), including www.ppi-global.com and our recruiting website (https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PRE1034PREC/JobBoard/cfe0f73c-e925-40a1-aa39-374e39e9d526/?q=&o=postedDateDesc&w=&wc=&we=&wpst=) (the “Sites”), you use the mobile applications we own or control (today or in the future) (the “Apps”), and when you use any services we provide through the Sites or the Apps (collectively, with the Sites and the Apps, the “Services”). You can access the Services in many ways, including from a computer or mobile phone, and this Policy will apply regardless of the means of access.
This Policy also governs the use of Personal Information we obtain from you from any third-party site or application that you authorize to provide us with Personal Information. Please be aware that we cannot control the privacy policies or practices of sites or companies that we do not own or control and cannot control the actions of people we do not employ or manage. This Policy also sets forth your rights and choices regarding the how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information.
I. Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. When you use some of our Services, you may choose to provide certain information directly to us, to request more information, or for other reasons. We will collect, use, store and/or share such information, which may include Personal Information, consistent with this Policy. Examples of the Personal Information we collect that you provide to us include information you provide when you:
- fill in forms or create an account on one of our Sites or Apps or otherwise use the Services
- request customer service or product training, ask product-related questions, share suggestions or feedback, or otherwise correspond with us using the Services, email, phone, or access or interact with our pages or accounts on third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- search for information using the Services
- order and purchase products or services from us
- submit reviews or comments on our Services or social media pages
- participate in a promotion, survey, sweepstakes, or contest
The types of Personal Information you may share with us include your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), and the username and password you select to use the Services. We may also ask for additional Personal Information including your date of birth and financial account numbers. We will also collect and maintain information about all transactions associated with your accounts.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may collect your Personal Information from third party affiliates or business partners such as social media sites, ad networks, analytics providers, our distributors, dealers, and retailers, and advertising and marketing agencies and vendors. We may also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
You also provide us information in other ways through technology to help our Sites and Apps work properly and support customer service, marketing, and analytics efforts to help us understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. When you use our Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser or device sends whenever you visit a website or utilize an application. This information may include your IP address, the type of device you are using, the internet service provider or mobile carrier you are using, your device identifiers, your mobile telephone number, your geographic location and your activities within the Services, including the links you click, the pages or screens you view, your session time, the number of times you click a page/screen or use a feature of the Services, the date and time you click on a page or use a feature and the amount of time you spend on a page or using a feature.
Our Sites also use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Sites and our Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. A session cookie enables certain features of the Sites and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Sites. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Sites. We may use both session and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Sites, to monitor aggregate usage by our uses and web traffic routing on our Sites, and to improve our Sites and Services. You may also be able to configure your computer or mobile device to limit the collection of these “cookies,” but that limitation may also limit our ability to provide all of the services or functionalities of the Sites.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or after you visit our Sites, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our Sites and the dates and times that you visit, access or use our Sites. We may also use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information automatically. Google Analytics only collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visited the site and does not gather your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through Google Analytics with your identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit the site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. For information about how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
In short, we use these automated technologies to collect the following information:
- your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- the mobile device you use and its temporary or persistent unique device identifiers;
- pages you view within the Services;
- websites you visited before coming to the Services;
- video viewing history for videos you watch on the Services;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward;
- offers or links from us to which you connect; and
- information about products you purchase using the Services, including payment method, the date and time of the transaction, items purchased, the purchase price, and other order or purchase related information.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Links to Other Websites
The Sites and Apps may contain links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or mobile device, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through our Sites and Apps. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
II. How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for non-marketing purposes including:
- validating your identity and managing your account with us;
- processing your transactions and providing our products and services to you;
- communicating with you for non-marketing purposes, including order processing and fulfillment and about employment opportunities and job openings;
- sending you push notifications or e-mails to provide you with alerts and updates about your account and our Services;
- conducting statistical or demographic analysis;
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- customizing and improving your experience with the Services or our products;
- protecting and defending PPI and its affiliates against legal actions or claims;
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- debt collection;
- satisfying contractual obligations;
- cooperating with law enforcement or other government agencies for purposes of investigations, national security, public safety or matters of public importance when we believe that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest;
- improving customer service;
- providing you the features and functionalities associated with the Services;
- any other purposes for which we obtain your consent; and
- for other business purposes permitted under applicable law (collectively, “Non-Marketing Purposes”).
With your advance consent, we may use the Personal Information we collect for our own marketing purposes including notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via push notifications, email and other means, including text/SMS messaging, subject to compliance with applicable laws. We may also link Personal Information (including your name, mobile phone number, and email address) with non-personal information (including Personal Information automatically collected as described in this Policy) and use such information for our own marketing purposes.
We may also use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the Services provided on our Sites and Apps. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collect for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
III. How and With Whom We Share Your Information
For business purposes, we may share certain Personal Information we receive from and about you, and about your transactions with us, with our affiliates and certain third parties, including our contractors, distributors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. Doing so allows us to provide the Services you request.
We may also share your Personal Information with the following third parties:
Third Party Service Providers
Your Personal Information may be shared with or collected by third party service providers who provide us with services, including, but not limited to, facilitating mailing information and services, data hosting or processing, payment and credit card processing, processing and fulfilling transactions, and shipping and delivering products you order. We require these third-party service providers to exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Information and restrict their use of your Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided to them.
Anonymous Information/Aggregated Information
We may freely use aggregated and anonymized information as allowed by law and share it with third parties. Any anonymized information we provide to third parties does not identify you and is not considered Personal Information, and, as such, is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
Sale of our Business; Bankruptcy
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
PPI cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to, and defend against legal claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of PPI or a third party, to protect PPI against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, or legally actionable activity, to protect the security or integrity of the Services and any equipment used to make the Services available, or to comply with applicable law.
IV. Access to Information and Your Choices
We provide you with the opportunity to access, update or delete certain information and to unsubscribe or opt-out from certain communications. For example, you may exercise your choices as explained below. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your personal information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, promotions, and offerings to you. To protect your privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
With your advance consent, you may receive mailings or emails from us with news or other information on events, products, services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from us or on our behalf. If at any time you wish to stop receiving emails, mailings, or other communications from us please reply to any of our emails and type “unsubscribe” in the subject line or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our mailing list. Please note that we may continue to send transactional or account-related messages to you.
Alternatively, for email communications and text/SMS messages, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions set forth in the messages you receive from us. Your unsubscribe request or email preferences change will be processed promptly, though this process may take several days. During that processing period, you may receive additional email or text/SMS communications from us.
We will support your ability to access, correct, and delete your Personal Information. If we have obtained your Personal Information from a other third party, we may confirm your request through them. For assistance with exercising your choices, or if you have any questions about your choices, please contact us at email@example.com.
PPI is committed to protecting the security of the Personal Information you provide to us and that we collect about you. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information that you provide to us. Our safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the use of email and the internet. Your information may be intercepted without our consent, collected illegally and used by others without your consent. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account username and password. We recommend that you change your password periodically. If you believe that your account username and/or password have been stolen or been made known to others, it is your responsibility to immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and change your password. We are not responsible if someone else accesses your account through information they have obtained from you.
VI. Underage Persons
The Services are for use by persons who are at least 13 years of age. If you are younger than 13, you may not access, attempt to access, or use the Services. We do not knowingly collect or allow the collection of Personal Information via the Services from persons under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of someone under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 13 and discover that your child has submitted Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com and ask us to remove your child’s Personal Information from our systems.
VII. Collection and Use of Personal Information of Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with PPI or its affiliates or request information regarding such opportunities, we may collect personal information that you provide (such as information contained in a resume or cover letter) in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your personal information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of PPI or its affiliates, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described above, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected or processed. We also retain information for related business purposes, security, legal compliance, and disputes and claims handling as permitted by applicable law.
IX. International Users
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) provides EU data subjects several privacy rights, including those set forth in this section below. PPI extends these same rights to other persons residing in countries other than United States about whom it collects Personal Information.
- The Right to Access: Allows you to request information from PPI about your Personal Information, including what data PPI has and how and why it is being processed.
- The Right to Rectification: Allows you to correct or supplement your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: Allows you to request that PPI erase Personal Information about you that we have in our possession.
- The Right to Restriction of Processing: Allows you to restrict PPI’s use of your Personal Information so that it is only processed with your consent, except to the extent otherwise allowed by law.
- The Right to Object to Processing: Allows you to object to PPI’s processing of your Personal Information carried out on the basis of its legitimate interests, to carry out tasks in the public interest, or to exercise official authority. In cases where you object to PPI processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, the processing will cease.
- The Right to Data Portability: Allows you to request from PPI a copy of your Personal Information that it has on file and to transfer that information to someone else without any interference from PPI. In some cases, you may be able to request that PPI transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party on your behalf.
In addition, to the extent that PPI processes any of your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal. Please note that each of these rights may be subject to limitations or exceptions under applicable law. Consult your legal counsel for information about what rights are available to you and under what circumstances they apply. Please contact us using the contact information below for assistance in exercising your rights.
If you believe PPI has violated one of your rights listed above, or if you believe PPI is in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR or other applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
X. Changes to this Policy
XI. Contact Us
XII. California and Nevada State Law Privacy Rights
We have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months from the sources listed below:
- Identifiers, such as a real name, physical address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, third parties (such as linked sites), and public databases.
- Personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) (California customer records statute), such as a name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other payment information. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, other PPI affiliates, or other third parties such as our business partners.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as age and gender. This category of information is collected from you when you choose to provide it to us directly or indirectly through our service providers and business partners as part of our surveys and market research.
- Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, other PPI affiliates, or other third parties such as our business partners.
- Internet or other similar network activity, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, browser settings like language preference, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. This category of information is collected from you and your devices.
- Sensory data, including electronic, visual, or similar information. This category of information, such as photos, is collected from you and third parties (such as linked sites), or our service providers.
- Inferences, such as a profile about a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behavior, drawn from information we collect and insights we receive from third parties such as our marketing and advertising partners and data analytics providers.
Please see the “Information We Collect” section of our Policy to learn more about the types of information we collect and how we collect them.
For each of the above categories, we use the California Personal Information for a variety of business purposes such as:
- Fulfilling your orders and requests for products, services, and information;
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide;
- Other business purposes described in the “How We Use The Information We Collect” Section of this Policy.
We may also use the information we collect for our own operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed California Personal Information for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see the “How and With Whom We Share Your Information” Section of this Policy.
We do not sell and, within the last 12 months, we have not sold, California Personal Information, including California Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information, including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you:
- the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected;
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-247-1228; or
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Writing us at 300 SE 14th St. Pella, IA 50219.
As required under applicable law, please note that we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide your first name, last name, and email address to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. You will, therefore, need access to your email account to receive our communications necessary to process your request. Please make sure to check your spam inbox to ensure these important communications are not missed. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. When you submit a request to exercise your rights above, we will use the information you provide to process your request and to maintain a record of your request and our response, as permitted under applicable law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights or any other rights, subject to the rights and the obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts, loyalty programs, or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA privacy rights.
California Job Applicants
Do Not Track
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.